Effective date: January 31, 2020
SECTION 1 – DEFINITIONS
Service(s): Service(s) is defined above.
Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from such data.
Anonymous Data: Anonymous Data is data collected on an aggregated basis when you and other users use the Services.
Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically and is either generated by the use of or interactions with the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a visit to our website).
Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Processor (or Service Provider): Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of a Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your Personal Data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User): Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
SECTION 2 – HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data Collection.
We collect several different types of Personal Data for various purposes to provide and improve our Services to you. When you visit the Services you may provide us with certain Personal Data and we may collect certain Usage Data automatically. More specifically, when you use the Site or our Services we may collect the following information including but not limited to:
- Newsletter: When you elect to sign up for our e-mail newsletter, you will need to provide certain Personal Data such as your e-mail address, full name, and mailing address.
- Create and Maintain Account: When you elect to create and maintain or modify an account on our Services, you will need to provide us with certain Personal Data, such as your name, username, password, address, and e-mail address, in order for us to provide you continuous access to your account.
- Purchases: When you make a purchase or subscribe to the Services on or through our Site or Services you will need to provide certain Personal Data in order for us to process and complete your order, such as your name, e-mail address, credit card information, and billing and shipping addresses.
- Communicate with Us: When you communicate with us or our Service Providers by e-mail or through the Services, you may provide us certain Personal Data.
- Survey: If you participate in any survey, you may provide certain Personal Data as part of your response.
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
- Geographic Location Information: If you use any location-enabled products or services, you may be sending us location information (e.g. IP address). When you use a location-enabled service, we may collect and process information about your precise geographical location, such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We and our Service Providers and partners may use your device's physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services, content and advertisements. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses of your device's location, but if you choose to deny such uses, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- Device Information: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, Internet browser type and version and the type and version of the Service that you are using. We and our Service Providers may also collect a unique device identifier assigned by us or our Service Providers to the device from which you are accessing the Service and other transactional information for the device that we and our Service Providers may use to serve content and advertisements to the device.
SECTION 3 - HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We (and our Service Providers) use your Personal Data for various business purposes, including the following:
- To provide and maintain the Services;
- To notify you about changes to the Services or any products or services we offer through them;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Services when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer support;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services,
- To administer our Services, including by monitoring and analyzing the usage of our Services;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, such as processing payments, delivering products to you, and communicating with you regarding your purchase;
- To provide you with notices about your account;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To personalize your experience with the Services by presenting content, products, and offers tailored to you;
- To develop and test new products and features as well as diagnose and fix technology problems in connection with current products and features;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Services, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information; and
- With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
e. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency). Thus, we may disclose your Personal Data to courts, law enforcement agencies, and governmental authorities (i) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions; (v) to protect our operations; (vi) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you or others; or (vii) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
f. WeMesh LLC may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: To comply with a legal obligation; To protect and defend the rights or property of WeMesh LLC; To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public to protect against legal liability.
g. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
SECTION 4 – CHOICE AND ACCESS
Retention Period: The security of your Personal Data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Notwithstanding, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out Personal Data in public areas of the Services like message boards and comments sections. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Your Rights: In some jurisdictions, you may exercise certain rights to access, request copies of, change or correct, request our deletion or transfer, object to or reject certain processing of your Personal Data. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain Personal Data protection rights. WeMesh LLC aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you. You may, of course, decline to share certain Personal Data with us, or withdraw your consent at any time. In such circumstances we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Services. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You have the right to complain to any data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. If in the EEA, for more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/adsGoogle also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout - for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Facebook: Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950To opt-out from Facebook's interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook's Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
Mobile Device Settings. On your mobile device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting in your iOS phone’s settings, or the setting to “Opt out of Ads Personalization” in your Android phone’s settings. To opt-out of location tracking when using our Services, you can use the settings of your device. You can disable mobile analytics and bug reporting through these same settings as well.
For more information about analytics and advertising cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page found at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 , the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page found at http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN, or EDAA’s Your Online Choices page found at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
Adobe Flash LSOs. If your device stores Flash LSOs, and if you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your device through which you access the Services, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained using the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as "information" on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your device without you being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Services or our content. We expect our Service Providers and technology suppliers to honor any decision by you to restrict or limit Flash LSOs, but we cannot guarantee that they will do so.
SECTION 5 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with Personal Data to complete a transaction, verify any information on your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase of a product, we imply that you consent to our collecting the Personal Data and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your Personal Data for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
PO Box 46127
West Hollywood, CA 90046
SECTION 6 – SHOPIFY AND PAYMENTS
a. Our store is hosted by Shopify, Inc. (“Shopify”). Shopify provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your Personal Data is stored through Shopify's data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. Shopify stores your Personal Data on a secure server behind a firewall.
b. We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors). We will not store or collect your payment credit card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors whose use of your Personal Data is governed by their applicable privacy policies. These payment processors adhere to Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (“PCI-DSS”) as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
The payment processors we work with are:
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the PCI-DSS standards. Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After your purchase transaction is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
SECTION 7 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your Personal Data to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the Personal Data we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your Personal Data will be handled by these providers. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your Personal Data may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located. As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your Personal Data used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU HEREBY RELEASE US AND EACH OF OUR COMPANY PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) FROM ANY CLAIMS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED OR UNDISCLOSED, RELATING TO THE DATA COLLECTION, STORAGE, USE, AND SHARING OF YOUR OR ANY THIRD PARTY’S PERSONAL DATA OR ANONYMOUS DATA BY ANY SERVICE PROVIDER. YOU AGREE, UNDERSTAND AND INTEND THAT THIS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE IS BINDING UPON YOU AND YOUR HEIRS, EXECUTORS, AGENTS, ADMINISTRATORS AND ASSIGNS IN PERPETUITY.
SECTION 8 – SECURITY AND COOKIES
a. To protect your Personal Data, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with an AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 9 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this website, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this website.
Our Service is not intended to serve any person under the age of eighteen (18) (a "Child"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any Child. If you are a Child, do not use or provide any information via the Services or on or through any of its features/register on the Services, make any purchases through the Services, use interactive or public comment features of the Services (if any), or provide any Personal Data to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from any Child without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Parents may want to consider commercially available parental control protections to limit what minors can access online and/or monitor their minor children’s online activities. Examples include: www.netnanny.com; www.webwatcher.com and www.sentrypc.com. We do not endorse these or other services and are not responsible for them.
SECTION 11 – GOVERNING LAW
SECTION 12 - QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any Personal Data that we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at email@example.com or by mail at:
PO Box 46127
West Hollywood, CA 90046